With almost every camera being ‘digital‘ nowadays, one can’t help but think that film is dead — a so-called outdated technology for photography. However… I beg to disagree: film will never die and its charm will remain.
Such is Lomography, and their instant cameras are items that best mixes the excitement of the past and the present in good harmony. They’re the first of its kind that I have owned and ever since they sent a sample my way, I can’t find myself parting from my Lomography camera during my travels!
That being said, if anyone asks me if it’s worth it to own an instant camera, my answer would be a resounding YES. Nothing can really beat captured memories that could be instantly printed, kept, stored, or even given away! Add the fact that such photos have that good ol’ nostalgic film effect.
Surely there are tons of instant cameras out there, but when it comes to my travels, I find myself resonating more with the newest in their line: the Lomo’Instant Wide! Why so…? Well, simply because it’s great for wide shots such as landscape photography and group shots. It’s truly perfect for all those mesmerizing expanded scenes in my journey that a typical Instax Mini won’t fit in for example.
Now… the great news about this is that since April timely marks my “travel anniversary” (I’m officially doing this travel lifestyle for 3 years now!), it’s absolutely fitting that I give something back to you guys for being so supportive of my adventures — and what better way than to give you a great travel gadget for commemorating that, right?
Therefore: together with the awesome team of Lomography, we are giving away a Lomo’Instant Wide camera to one (1) lucky person! Before we get to the giveaway part, let me excite you first with the amazing features of this instant camera since it’s an item that’s really worth hyping over!
Lomography is a globally-active organization dedicated to experimental and creative photography. They started with the legendary Lomo LC-A, followed by other cameras designed to expand analogue creativity. Today, they supply Lomographers all over the world through over 25 Gallery & Embassy Stores and their Lomography Online Shop.
» Why I love the Lomo’Instant Wide
- Has a “wide” shooting range. As I’ve already mentioned, I like how I can capture “more” of a scene with this instant camera. If you’ve dealt with Instax Mini film before, the large film format of the Lomo’Instant Wide is twice the size of that (which uses the Fuji Instax Wide Film).
- Fully automatic but also with manual operation with creative shooting modes that gives you FULL control over your instant photography.
- Auto Mode: with its programmatic shutter, the camera will automatically determine the right exposure for your shot; thereby making you fully enjoy the meaning of “instant”
- Great Manual Mode: with its ‘Bulb Mode’ and exposure compensation control, you can create stunning long exposure photos by just manually callibrating the shutter
- Unlimited Multiple Exposures: to quench the creative photographer in you, Lomo’Instant Wide has the unique feature of allowing you to create double or even multiple exposure shots with just a flick of its MX switch!
- Color Gels: the camera comes along with 4 different colored flash gels so you can absolutely go wild as you experiment with these splashes of color in your shots!
- Comes with a built-in premium 90mm lens. This is a close equivalent of the prime 35mm lens. What this means is that you will be able to take gorgeous portraits (closest at 0.6m), distance photos (1-2m setting), and landscapes + everything else (infinity switch)!
- Can be remotely controlled. With its (infrared) remotely-operated shutter release that is built in into the lens cap, the Lomo’Instant Wide poses no problems if you want to take selfies or group photos with your friends!
For detailed specifications of the camera, go here.
Lomography Camera Giveaway!
An amazing camera deserves an equally amazing audience — and one of you might just be the lucky one!
» What Will Be Won?
One (1) winner will receive a Lomo’Instant Wide Camera!
» How to Win?
This giveaway will be done in a raffle-like manner, and participation is absolutely easy. All you have to do is follow the steps below to gain entries:
- Log-in to the form below (either through your Facebook account or your email)
- Do the 3 required steps that will be displayed below in order to be counted in the giveaway. Each action will give you entry points for winning — take note that the 3rd step (tweeting) can be done everyday so you can gain more entries!
*Once you finish doing these 3 required steps, it will unlock 7 extra options that will give you MORE entries that will thereby increase your chances of winning!
» Terms & Conditions:
- This giveaway is open WORLDWIDE.
- This giveaway will start on April 25 (12AM – GMT + 8 Time) and will end on May 15 (12AM). Winner will be picked randomly and will be announced in May 16 on the ‘I am Aileen’ Facebook page.
- This giveaway is hosted by me, Aileen, in partnership with Lomography; but prize distribution will be the sole responsibility of Lomography.
Good luck and enjoy! Please feel free to also share this giveaway to your family and friends!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Hey there! I am Aileen Adalid.
At 21, I quit my corporate job in the Philippines to pursue my dreams. Today, I am a successful digital nomad (entrepreneur, travel writer, & vlogger) living a sustainable travel lifestyle.
My mission? To show you how it is absolutely possible to create a life of travel too (no matter the odds), and I will help you achieve that through my detailed travel guides, adventures, resources, tips, and MORE!
NEW READER? START HERE!
CURRENTLY BASED IN: The Philippines
TRAVELING NEXT TO: South Korea
Stay updated with Aileen monthly! Sign up and receive exclusive updates, articles, giveaways, and so much more!
RT @iAmAileen: "Remember this: it's unrealistic and destructive to place the responsibility for your happiness on anybody other than yourse…
...Doesn’t this look like a safari in Africa? 😍 Well, this is actually in India’s Ranthambore National Park and thi… https://t.co/72e3pNWcx6