I’m a sucker for seafood. Growing up in an island, we’d often enjoy feasts of fish, crabs, lobsters, and of course: prawns! I can never get enough of shrimps or prawns! The best type of cooking it? Chili-style, baby! And then best paired thereafter with heaps and heaps of rice… YUM! Like come on, the spicy-sweet combo in this dish is simply phenomenal!
After I had a cooking class with The Cookery Place, I realized that this is actually a breeze to prepare! I’m a newbie cook but this is something that I could totally whip up; you too!
200 g Prawns, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup Shrimp stock
1/4 cup Tomato ketchup
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Rice vinegar
2 tbsp Chili paste
1 tbsp Sugar
2 tbsp Oil, vegetable
1 tsp Garlic, minced
1 tsp Shallot, minced
2 pcs Bird’s eye chili, sliced
1 pc Egg, beaten
- In a bowl, combine the stock, ketchup, soy sauce, rice vinegar, chili paste, and sugar. Set aside.
- In a hot wok or pan, add the oil and stir fry the prawns until cooked. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Using same wok or pan, add oil, garlic, ginger, shallots, and bird’s eye chili. Stir fry until fragrant.
- Add the sauce from #1 and stir a few seconds before adding the egg in a circular motion to thicken the sauce.
- Add the cooked prawns and mix well with the sauce.
- Remove from heat and serve!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Hey there! I am Aileen Adalid.
At 21, I quit my corporate job in the Philippines to pursue my dreams. Today, I am a successful digital nomad (entrepreneur, travel writer, & vlogger) living a sustainable travel lifestyle.
My mission? To show you how it is absolutely possible to create a life of travel too (no matter the odds), and I will help you achieve that through my detailed travel guides, adventures, resources, tips, and MORE!
NEW READER? START HERE!
CONTINENTS: 7 ~ COUNTRIES: 55
Stay updated with Aileen monthly! Sign up and receive exclusive updates, articles, giveaways, and so much more!
Sakura (cherry blossom) season is soon coming in Japan this 2019! Come check out this forecast to start planning yo… https://t.co/DgNWGyA4MZ
Now that I've got more time, I'm really into journaling lately (especially after I was inspired by @kailaroo. It's… https://t.co/WpnIQYQzM3