I love me some fried rice! I always try to order some whenever I’m at Chinese restaurants; but other than that, there’s one other ‘fried rice’ that I love! Of course it’s no other than the Thai’s signature dish: Pineapple Fried Rice! It’s not only such a sweet ‘tropical’ dish but it’s also a hit for vegetarians!
What I love most about this is that despite expecting it to be such a sweet-laden plate, it actually surprises you with those notches of spiciness—much like how Thai cuisine is supposed to be! Mixing four tastes: sour, salty, spicy, and sweet!
Disclaimer: the easy recipe below is not owned by me, but by The Cookery Place! I was invited before to join them on a cooking class and yeeeep, we cooked Thai dishes! One of which was this one. Let’s get cookin’!
2 cups Rice, cooked
1/2 cup Coconut Milk
1 cup Pineapple, diced
4 tsp Curry powder
2 tsp Sugar
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
4 stalks Spring onion, sliced
1 tsp Bird’s eye chili, sliced
2 pcs Tomato, sliced
1/4 cup Ham, diced
2 tsp Cilantro leaves
- Pour the coconut milk in to a wok or a pan on medium heat and cook until the oil surfaces. Add then the curry powder and stir until fragrant.
- Add the pineapple and stir-fry, mixing everything together.
- Add in the rice and stir-fry. Season with the sugar and soy sauce.
- Stir to mix everything together. Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Transfer the rice to a plate (or a halved pineapple!). Top with sliced tomatoes, spring onion, ham, and chili before serving.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Hey there! I am Aileen Adalid.
At 21, I quit my corporate job in the Philippines to pursue my dreams. Today, I am a successful digital nomad (entrepreneur, travel writer, & vlogger) living a sustainable travel lifestyle.
My mission? To show you how it is absolutely possible to create a life of travel too (no matter the odds), and I will help you achieve that through my detailed travel guides, adventures, resources, tips, and MORE!
NEW READER? START HERE!
CONTINENTS: 7 ~ COUNTRIES: 55
Stay updated with Aileen monthly! Sign up and receive exclusive updates, articles, giveaways, and so much more!
~Jigsaw by @Daniel_Sloss on Netflix https://t.co/kFxB6H1Q9g
Supporting another person's success won't ever dampen yours.