Known as the “Cruise Capital of the World”, Miami has the busiest port in terms of passenger and cruise line traffic — after all, it is the best gateway for a number of Caribbean itineraries, among many others! (MSC Seaside)
With that said, there is an overwhelming number of cruise providers to choose from and they all offer a varying range of perks and services. However, if you want to make the most of your vacation, I would highly recommend trying out the revolutionary MSC Seaside from MSC Cruises [website].
I had the pleasure of going on this luxurious cruise ship during my recent trip to Miami and it was an amazing experience that did not compromise on the quality of its amenities, services, and many others.
We all want to make the most of any vacation and I would love it if you could have an incredible cruise trip like I did! As such, the following top 10 reasons will show you why MSC Seaside should be your next top option.
Why Choose MSC Cruises
» Excellent value with affordable rates and FREE perks
A lot of people typically believe that cruises are far too expensive, but you’ll be surprised to know that MSC Seaside’s 7-night Caribbean itinerary starts at only $449 per adult — and this Fall, a special 4-night trip to MSC Cruises’ new private island Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, on one of their other next-generation ships, MSC Meraviglia, is as low as $230 per person! This is one of the ship’s first itineraries from Miami after coming to North America for the first time ever.
Families will also be overjoyed with MSC Cruises’ “Kids Sail FREE” fare program wherein children 11 and under can sail for FREE along with two paid adults in the same stateroom. This promo is available for select MSC Cruise itineraries including several routes on the MSC Seaside! As such, this could surely be one of your least expensive and best value vacations yet!
The fun doesn’t stop there because the ship also offers other special packages. Make sure to check their deals that cover all-inclusive plans, drink packages, exclusive discounts (for military and civil service rates), and so much more. [Check here for more details].
» Elegant staterooms and suites
Combining comfort and style, MSC Seaside’s stateroom options can cater to just about anyone; not to mention that the balconies are quite spacious with an area of up to 269 square feet! You’re sure to have a fun time cruising at sea with the following kinds of staterooms.
To date, they have the following options:
- MSC Yacht Club Royal Suite: 667 sq. ft. with balcony, separate living area and private whirlpool bath
- MSC Yacht Club Deluxe Suite: 269 sq. ft. with balcony
- MSC Yacht Club Interior Suite: 226 sq. ft.
- Modular Connected Staterooms for families or groups: 2 or 3 connecting staterooms each with own bathroom and balcony (accommodates up to 10 people)
- Two-Bedroom Grand Suite: 527 sq. ft. with balcony
- Grand Suite: from 344 sq. ft. with balcony
- Suite with whirlpool bath: 301 sq. ft. with balcony and private whirlpool bath
- Suite: from 182 sq. ft. to 301 sq. ft. with balcony
- Balcony: from 172 sq. ft. to 269 sq. ft. with balcony
- Ocean View: 182 sq. ft.
- Interior: from 150 sq. ft. to 301 sq. ft.
*MSC Seaside also offers staterooms for guests with disabilities or reduced mobility and they are often larger.
» Varied Caribbean itinerary choices
The Caribbean is comprised of a lot of islands and I can understand if you couldn’t decide where to go. Fret not though, because MSC Seaside covers both Eastern & Western Caribbean destinations given how they offer unique experiences that will let you make the most out of those long white sandy beaches and clear turquoise seas!
To start off, if you check this link you can choose a cruise that stops in places like the Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Jamaica, and Mexico — or you can sail off on a route that goes to the Bahamas, U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and St. Maarten. However, if you want to mix all these destinations together, you can absolutely go on a longer cruise that spans 14 nights!
Want something unique? This November, MSC Seaside will begin sailing to Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, MSC Cruises’ new and exclusive Bahamian eco-friendly private island.
To top it off, every port of call you visit has its own set of exciting excursions that allow you to discover the destinations like a local to further enrich your stay!
» Tons of family fun — especially for the kids!
MSC Seaside caters to people of all ages and families in particular will love the amenities that are catered specially for them!
For starters, the ship has a large interactive multi-story waterpark with four (4) water slides, including two racing slides with see-through loops that extend over the side of the ship and a 367-foot water slide with lights and music going down in single and double slide tubes. At the Forest Aquaventure Park (Deck 18) as well, you will find an AquaPlay™ area catered for little kids and an adventure trail too.
If the young ones had enough of the waters and the adults need time by themselves, there are even Kids Clubs for all different ages:
- Baby Club: For 1 to 3 year olds, designed in partnership with Chicco®.
- Mini Club: For 3 to 6 year olds, created in partnership with LEGO®.
- Juniors Club: For 7 to 11 year olds, created in partnership with LEGO®.
- Teens Clubs: There are two for this. One is for 12 to 14 year olds and the other is for 16 to 17 year olds. They serve not only as a gaming room but also as a cinema among many others.
Smack in the middle of these club rooms is Doremiland where families can play and interact together through the varied program and activities that they offer. Some of the many events that the ship also holds are a ‘Talent Show’ at the main theater, family movie night, family sports competition, and a Lego Family Fun Night.
Still want more? Head on over to deck 7’s Arcade Games & Bowling area where anyone can enjoy the 2 full-sized bowling alleys, play games on the arcade machines, try the F1 simulator, or go in the interactive XD cinema!
» Over 10 dining areas and 20 bars/lounges
I’ve never had so much food in my life until I set foot on the MSC Seaside! With over 10 unique dining areas offering gourmet dishes (including 5 specialty restaurants) and 20 bars / lounges, dining and refreshment is surely as varied as it can be!
- Main Restaurants: Offers Mediterranean cuisine and international specialties
- Seashore Restaurant (Deck 5)
- Ipanema Restaurant (Deck 6)
- MSC Yacht Club Restaurant (Deck 18) – Guests who book a suite in the Yacht Club gain access to this private dining room
- Buffet Restaurants: Offers a variety of popular favorites and other tasty, healthy dishes
- Marketplace Buffet (Deck 8)
- Biscayne Bay Restaurant & Buffet (Deck 16)
- Specialty Restaurants:
- Asian Fusion by Roy Yamaguchi (Deck 16)
- Sushi by Roy Yamaguchi (Deck 16)
- Teppanyaki by Roy Yamaguchi (Deck 16)
- Ocean Cay (Deck 16)
- Butcher’s Cut (Deck 16)
BARS & LOUNGES
- Seaside Bar (Deck 5)
- Shine Bar (Deck 6)
- Piazza Grane (Deck 6)
- Venchi 1878 Chocolate Bar (Deck 6)
- Champagne Bar (Deck 7)
- Garage Club Bar (Deck 7)
- Haven Lounge (Deck 7)
- South Beach Bar (Deck 7)
- Venchi 1878 Gelato & Creperie (Deck 7)
- Bistrot La Bohème (Deck 8)
- Marketplace Bar (Deck 8)
- Seaview Lounge (Deck 8)
- Sports Bar (Deck 8)
- Miami Beach Bar (Deck 16)
- Top Sail Lounge (Deck 16)
- Jungle Bar (Deck 18)
- Jungle Pool Lounge (Deck 18)
- Aurea Bar (Deck 19)
- Miramar Bar (Deck 19)
- MSC Yacht Club Grill & Bar (Deck 19)
» State-of-the-art health and wellness facilities
After you’ve had your fun, head on over to the MSC Aurea Spa to relax your mind and body. There is a massive choice of spa and beauty treatments in store not only for you but even for your children! To start off, go for a pampering oil massage or treat your hands and toes with some good ol’ manicure or pedicure. Wanna add pizzazz to your night out? Head on over to the hair salon or barbershop to style your locks! The choices really are endless here.
Personally, I love their Balinese massage, Thalassotherapy pool, and thermal area — I had the chance to try them out while I was on MSC Seaside and by the end of the day, I was surely begging for more of it all!
For the fitness buffs out there, you can also keep up with your workout goals with the ship’s state-of-the-art Sports Center that has spectacular sea views and leading-edge equipment in partnership with Technogym. But if you want some sun, there is an open-air Sports Arena on the topmost deck where you can play basketball or soccer!
On the other hand, if you want a different way to blow off steam, MSC Seaside has a range of stores to satiate the shopaholic in you: from jewelry to branded watches, you’ll find it all on board!
» Spectacular waterfront design and bridges
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
The incredible thing about MSC Seaside is how it can easily be its own seaside town! After all, with its spectacular wide design as well as the number of al fresco lounge areas that it has, sailing through the Caribbean seas will be a joy to do as you go through your daily itinerary.
There are even some incredible glass bridges spread out on the cruise ship that will easily make you feel like you’re walking on air:
- Infinity Bridges: (Deck 8) Set on both sides of the ship, they are like mini versions of the…
- Bridge of Sighs: (Deck 16) Towering above the open expanse of deck 7’s South Beach Pool, this has got to be one of my favorite spots on MSC Seaside and it’s obviously not only because of its design but also because of how picturesque the view is! This is obviously not for the faint-hearted (like me), but it’s worth going through it at least once!
» Wide range of entertainment spaces and programs
Every day, there are a hundred of things that can keep guests of MSC Seaside busy and entertained!
- Daily programs and parties: The crew sets daily activities that anyone could join such as themed parties (e.g. ‘White Party’, ‘Great Gatsby’, etc.), movie nights, dance classes, trivia quizzes, karaoke shows, and so much more!
- Theater Shows: There are usually 3 different show times on MSC Seaside’s Metropolitan Theater each evening, and you can easily book your spot for FREE on the MSC for Me application on your phone or on one of the interactive screens throughout the ship. If you ask me, my personal favorite would be ‘Timeless’ which features an amazing tribute to Michael Jackson.
- Atrium: This grand 4-storied area might just be the most luxurious spot on MSC Seaside. Apart from catching a live band or DJ on stage, you could also come and enjoy a drink at the Seaside Bar and enjoy the view from its expansive design and views.
- TRIVIA: Don’t forget to go through the sparkling staircases that are actually made of Swarovski crystals.
- Miami Casino: For some adult fun, there’s always the casino where you can try and win big!
- Others: Includes billiard room, library, sports bar, arcade, etc.
» Fun adrenaline and water activities for all ages
Aside from the Caribbean’s blue waters and white beaches, MSC Seaside has its own water park onboard to help keep guests ‘soaked’ with fun (especially on days when the ship is cruising at sea).
- South Beach Pool: (Deck 7)
- Miami Beach Pool: (Deck 16)
- Forest Aquaventure Park: (Deck 18) This is a multi-story aqua park and it is one of the largest and most interactive water attractions at sea! There is an AquaPlay™ area for the young ones, a long water slide, as well as an adventure trail above it for some added fun!
- Just beside the park are two (2) additional water slides that are positioned on each side of the ship. One is a double slide with clear tubes and another which is bigger that could fit two people in for a wild ride!
- Jungle Pool: (Deck 18)
- MSC Yacht Club Pool: (Deck 19) Exclusively for MSC Yacht Club members, this is found on the top of the ship complete with whirlpool baths
If you’re seeking extra adrenaline, don’t forget to try the two (2) 350-feet zip lines which are said to be the longest at sea! Besides, it’s not every day that you can do something like this, right?
» 5-star service and luxurious options
MSC Seaside may be a 5,000-passenger ship but their 24-hour concierge staff will and always be attentive to everyone’s needs! Still, if you want added exclusivity and privacy, you better check out the MSC Yacht Club for a more luxurious cruise experience.
With luxurious staterooms and all-inclusive services, these are only just the beginning of this amazing program. Besides, the MSC Yacht Club also offers a range of superb private facilities such as the Top Sail Lounge (a panoramic lounge with spectacular views), a fully dedicated restaurant, and One Pool Deck (with its own private swimming pool, whirlpool baths, sun deck, and bar).
Otherwise, there is an array of other inclusive experiences that you can try as you choose your stateroom:
- Bella: The traditional cruise experience where you can indulge in all the wonderful benefits of cruising, including fine dining, world-class entertainment, recreation and more.
- Fantastica: All the benefits of the Bella experience plus some extra privileges such as upper deck rooms that are at ideal locations on the ship, early dining options, and 24-hour room service.
- Aurea: All the benefits of the Fantastica experience and extras like a FREE drink package, spa package (including two massages per stateroom), access to private sun deck, unlimited use of thermal spa areas, priority boarding, and so many others!
- Booking: See the best deals and prices for MSC Seaside cruise itineraries on their website
- Home Port: Cruise Terminal F – Port of Miami
- Virtual Tour: Via 360° Tour or YouTube Video
- Details: 1,059 feet long, 236 feet high, and top speed of 21.8 knots
- Disclaimer: Thanks to MSC Cruises for sponsoring my stay; but as always, all thoughts that are expressed in this article are fully my own. (Some images above are from MSC).
• • •
If you’re looking for a perfect Caribbean cruise, booking yourself into MSC Seaside is the best choice that you can make — and it’s just a click away, so what are you waiting for?
Thank you for sharing so much great info – my whole family is booked for a week in July, this was very helpful. What room category is in your video? Thanks!
Hey Kristina, I got the Suite room category :D
I have been trying to talk my husband into going on a Caribbean cruise for so long! Our friends have all gone and since I do write about travel it only makes sense. He is reluctant because he doesn’t know how he would do confined to a boat for most of the time, but it’s just like a huge city! He’s also afraid he would get seasick. I might just have to leave him home and go!
Oh, do tell him that he won’t get seasick at all :D The ship is so huge you will barely feel it moving. I’m sure he’ll have a great time! I hope one day you’ll be able to persuade him — if not, indeed, just go ;) Or make it a girls trip! That would be fun :D