Seoul in South Korea is one of the most sought-after destinations in the world — but much like Japan, it tends to have a higher price point when it comes to accommodation (which is unlike the rest of the countries in Asia). Rest assured, with the help of this list, I will be giving you the best value-for-money hotels in Seoul starting from cheap hostel picks up to luxurious choices in order to make the most of your budget and time!
Seoul has 25 districts (gu) that are further subdivided into 522 sub-districts (dong); however, it helps to note that there is NO clear city centre. Nevertheless, below are the top 5 districts to choose from and I will be delegating my hotel picks on these districts per category for your convenience.
– Myeong-dong: In Jung-gu, an area best for those interested in food and shopping
– Insa-dong: In Jongno-gu, an area best for those interested in culture and historical sites
– Hongdae: In Mapo-gu, an area best for those interested in a hip and more youthful scene
– Gangnam: In Gangnam-gu, an area best for those interested in ‘hallyu‘ (Korean wave), nightlife and shopping
– Itaewon: In Yongsan-gu, an area best for those interested in food and nightlife
Activities to Do in Seoul?
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Budget Hotels in Seoul
- 2 Best Mid-Range Hotels in Seoul
- 3 Best Luxury Hotels in Seoul
- 4 » Compare All Seoul Hotels & Rentals «
Best Budget Hotels in Seoul
(Myeong-Dong) Seoul Dalbit DDP Guesthouse
In Korean, ‘dal‘ means moon and ‘bit‘ means shine, hence the hostel is designed with the colors of the night. Free breakfast is served & every room even has a private bathroom.
Best Mid-Range Hotels in Seoul
(Itaewon) Hamilton Hotel
In addition to guestrooms, the Hamilton Hotel has many dining and convenience facilities including a shopping center. Its rooftop swimming pool is particularly popular on weekends during the summer.
Best Luxury Hotels in Seoul
(Myeong-Dong) Lotte Hotel Seoul
This is one of the best 5-star hotels in Seoul and it is conveniently located in the heart of the Myeongdong business district. Boasting unparalleled amenities and rooms, you’ll experience the utmost luxury!
(Itaewon) Grand Hyatt Seoul
Surrounding this 5-star is the nature preserve of Mount Namsan. Apart from the usual amenities that you’ll find in luxury hotels, Grand Hyatt even has a shopping arcade, indoor + outdoor pools and ice skating rink!
• • •
» Compare All Seoul Hotels & Rentals «
• • •
With a bustling city like Seoul, it’s a given that it will be packed with tons of amazing accommodation choices — HOWEVER, there are only a select few that can bring you the best value for your money and time.
So hopefully with this list, I can help you make an informed decision for your upcoming staycation. Enjoy!