It’s no news that I’m the kind of traveler who loves any kind of nature excursions — I’m always game for trekking, hiking, mountaineering, and whatnot. In fact, if anyone would ever ask me to choose between a city trip or an outdoor trip, I would gladly pick the latter in a heartbeat!
So for the past years, I’ve been doing a lot of hiking as I traveled around Asia and Europe; however, there was a problem that I faced… Most of the outdoor clothing and footwear brands that I’ve tried had made me suffer several problems for numerous times (e.g. blisters, cold, bruises, etc.) no matter how careful I was with picking the right size and the right items.
It really proved challenging to find the right gear that would fit my needs perfectly… until Berghaus came along.
With high-quality outdoor products that are manufactured with adventurers in mind, I was smitten at how this UK brand provided me with items that finally took away my hiking troubles. As a writer and blogger, I don’t like making statements that are not backed by real-life experiences so I am telling you this now: I’ve been wearing Berghaus’ products to several hiking trips in the past months and NOT once have I had a problem with them. Needless to say, I’ve come to trust their brand wholly!
So if you are ever going on a hiking or walking trip in the future, below are the Berghaus outdoor clothing and equipment that you MUST have because they are worthy investments that can provide you the best comfort possible! Guaranteed.
Berghaus Outdoor Clothing & Footwear for Hiking
TOP: Hydroshell™ Jackets
Apart from wearing the right kind of shirt underneath (either wool, fleece, or synthetic — definitely NOT cotton as it takes the heat away from your body especially when wet), it also helps to have an added outer layer against natural elements like wind, water, and dust. For this, Berghaus’ Hydroshell™ Jackets are your best choice!
Built with advanced waterproof technology, their Hydroshell™ range will keep you dry in whatever adventure while also providing ultimate comfort and protection. Berghaus has various types of Hydroshell™ jackets available that are fit for alpine use and mountaineering but when it comes to simple and intermediate hikes, your best choice would be their ‘Light Hike Hydroshell™ Jacket‘!
What’s to love about it?
- 100% Waterproof. Not once did I get wet when wearing my Hydroshell™ jacket and it makes sense because Berghaus has over 50 years of experience in making waterproof garments. Their fabric technology has been truly tested in the harshest conditions (even storm levels!); so for sure, I wasn’t surprised when I was well protected as I used it during a rainy day of hiking in Belgium.
- Ergonomic Pockets & Features. Great design for hiking afficionados: 2 big meshed pockets (for visibility and use), adjustable hood (with a firm upper frame for full vision and which can also be tucked away), velcro cuffs (to fit the opening on your hands), hem cord adjusters (for tighter fit), and an added small pouch (where you can stuff the whole of the jacket in and save space in your bag).
- Enhanced Comfort with Ample Protection. The fabric is absolutely breathable in order to help regulate your body temperature. Plus, with their comfort touch technology that has ARGENTUM® odor-resistant finish, you are assured of a more comfortable outdoor clothing wear experience. This means that it will not cling to your skin and it will keep you feeling fresh at all times! Rest assured, even with its light fabric material, I can tell you with confidence that it provides enough warmth too in case you use it in a more chilly environment.
- Built to Last. I have only been using the jacket for less than a year but I can already see how it can last for more given how it is built with prime materials. As a matter of fact, Berghaus stands by their product so much that they provide a lifetime guarantee to all of their customers — that’s how confident they are with their items!
Weight of approximately 282 grams at $185~ (Php 8,700~)
BOTTOM: Explorer ECO Zip Off Pants
When it comes to trousers for outdoor clothing, I like to have something that is not only comfortable but also ‘adaptable’. This means that I would like to have pants that can either be used in warm and cold conditions interchangeably — best if it’s a feature that is built in one pants so that I can also save space on my backpack.
Thankfully, Berghaus has their ECO Zip Off range that enables me to ‘zip off’ the lower leg part if in case the weather becomes warmer. Other properties to love about these trousers:
- Water Repellent. Made with ECO nylon fabric, it is not only treated with a durable water repellent finsish but it also offers sun protection of up to UPF 25+.
- Comfortable Fit and Extra Pockets. It has drawcord adjustments on the hem, belt loops, and waistband to ensure great fit. When it comes to pockets, it has 5 (two meshed hand pockets with a security pocket, one thigh pocket, and one back pocket)
Weight of approximately 328 grams at $92~ (Php 4,300~)
FOOTWEAR: Fellmaster® GTX®
I mentioned how I always had blisters with the hiking boots that I previously owned. Of course I thought I was buying the wrong sizes, but even if it were the most correct size for my feet, I still managed to get a blister or two somewhere on my foot. I was just about to accept the fact that I’m simply the kind of hiker that gets blisters no matter what… but I thought otherwise when the Berghaus’ Fellmaster® GTX® boots were given to me!
They were such a great fit and it was ridiculously comfortable as well. It didn’t give me blisters at all — not even during the first use, so you could imagine how ecstatic I was to have finally found the right boots for my adventures!
Recommended by The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, apparently, these boots were made with the best technology and performance materials available to provide a stylish yet modern boot that is rugged enough for high performance hiking. Its other features are as follows:
- Pittards® British Quality Oiled Nubuck Leather. This makes the boots soft, supple and well-cushioned, thereby providing all day comfort while remaining to be durable and abrasion resistant even during extended use.
- Sturdy Outsole. The Fellmaster® features a sturdy outsole that offers superb grip and support on all surfaces throughout your hike. I’ve use this in steep terrains for numerous times already and I can guarantee that it kept my feet fully secure, stable, and protected.
- GORE-TEX® Performance Comfort Technology. This helps prevents water entry and allows moisture to escape as well so that your feet stay dry and comfortable through and through.
Weight of approximately 1,090 grams at $206~ (Php 9,700~)
Berghaus caters to people who live and breathe adventure with products that are focused on comfort, functionality and style. Add their years of service into the mix and they have definitely perfected their outdoor clothing and gear to fit whatever kind of activity that you are into!
They may come at a high price especially for those who are keeping a watch on their budget; but I guarantee you that these are well worth the price. Besides, it really helps to invest on your comfort and safety as early as now with a brand that is trustworthy — and I’m telling you, Berghaus is the kind of brand that you can put your whole trust into! Come check out their other products:
DISCLAIMER: I received free products from Berghaus in return for an honest review. As always, I only recommend and write about brands that I personally use or believe in. Therefore all views that are expressed here represent only those made by myself and NOT of any other entity in their favor.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Hey there! I am Aileen Adalid.
At 21, I quit my corporate job in the Philippines to pursue my dreams. Today, I am a successful digital nomad (entrepreneur, travel writer, & vlogger) living a sustainable travel lifestyle.
My mission? To show you how it is absolutely possible to create a life of travel too (no matter the odds), and I will help you achieve that through my detailed travel guides, adventures, resources, tips, and MORE!
NEW READER? START HERE!
CURRENTLY BASED IN: The Philippines
TRAVELING NEXT TO: Antarctica
Stay updated with Aileen monthly! Sign up and receive exclusive updates, articles, giveaways, and so much more!
@incredibleindia Thank you! India is just too amazing!
Taking a moment at Jaipur’s famous and majestic Amer/Amber Fort ✨🇮🇳 - - - #AileenInIndia #IndiaBlogTrain… https://t.co/saFOq0vGAh