4 Amazing Beaches for Sun Worshippers

4 Amazing Beaches for Sun Worshippers

When thinking about your ideal getaway, you’re most likely looking for some sun-soaked resort towns with beautiful white beaches, perfect for water sports, snorkelling and exploring rocky caves. Though others would of course prefer the quiet life and secluded sandy beaches with no bars or tourists for miles around. With these in mind, after envisioning what your ideal beach holiday would look like, it’s important to do some research before jetting off so that you can land on your perfect sun holiday.

But let me ease you from your worries and give you these four beaches that can fulfill your summer goals!

Riumar Beach

Riumar Beach

The Costa Dorada is a popular family friendly destination. The long hot days last long into the year and the sandy beaches make it perfect for building sand castles and sunbathing. El Garxal is a protected natural area, bordering the mouth of the Ebro river and visitors flock in thousands every year to enjoy the rock pools and rocky caves that are perfect for exploring.

Xerokambos Beach

XerokambosPhoto by Szymon Porwolik / CC
If you are looking for a secluded, quiet paradise, spend a day on Xerokambos beach that is located in the south east of Crete. This white, sandy stretch goes on for miles and offers safe swimming for both adults and children in its crystal blue waters. Tourism in Crete is at a peak in July and August and this little known hotspot offers the perfect retreat from the hustle and bustle of mainland Crete. Truth be told, the whole area has a fascinating prehistoric history with Crete being an old Minoan town. The best way to reach Xerokambos is by car, but there are many taxi boats which will take tourists to and from the beach from Crete mainland.

Playa Norte

Playa NortePhoto by Rodrigo Soldon / CC
The Isla Mujeres is an island in the Caribbean Sea and it was once rated the number 1 beach in the world. If you love to scuba dive and snorkel, the Playa Norte has the perfect conditions for underwater activities. The water is so clear and shallow, it’s impossible to miss some of the local marine inhabitants such as the colourful Mahi Dorado, or the Pez Vela (sailfish), in a plethora of locations all along the Isla Mujereas. Restaurants line the edge of the beach too, so if you are looking for somewhere to sample lost cost, local cuisine, it’s the place to be.

Nalaguraidhoo Beach

Nalaguraidhoo

The Maldives is a coveted destination, a place of beauty and calm for those seeking a little piece of paradise lost and the Nalaguraidhoo Beach is known for being one of the most beautiful beaches in the Maldives. Located just off the Sun Island Jetty, the sapphire sea is a sight for sore eyes! Guests are free to explore the lagoons by jet-ski, canoe, windsurf or catamaran, all of which are inexpensive to hire from the beach itself.

Though, before you head off on your beach holiday, be sure to shop around for the best deal on the market. There are plenty of last minute holidays to suit every budget – with airlines flying from all over the UK to many idyllic parts of the world.

So grab your beach towel, your snorkel and your sun screen and experience your trip of a lifetime!

How about you?

• Of course these are not all the best beaches out there, so what other off-the-beaten-path beaches can you recommend?

Did you like this article? Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube and be notified about my newest posts and updates!

23 comments

1. I love going to the beach and I love traveling. I am not a sun worshiper though. I am the one that you will find enjoying the beach with my very own pop up tent. Lol. I would love to visit the Xerokambos Beach. I love the privacy and the seclusion. Plus it looks so serene and inviting. Thanks for sharing.

2. These all sound like amazing beach destinations to travel too. I love the beach it’s my favorite travel destination of any were that we go. I love to sit and read a book in the sand and snorkel too.

1. Yes indeed, the beach really is for relaxing and lounging. I miss it!

3. I love the beach, I love to be able to take a hike to get to the beach. One of our favorite beaches is deep into the woods off of a sand dune. We have to hike 20 minutes to get to it. These pictures look amazing and have me wanting to get back to the beach!

4. Every single one of these is picturesque and postcard worthy! I feel like I can't even prioritize which one I most want to visit - means you chose some amazing beaches. Hoping to do some traveling next year and setting my sights on these beauties.

5. Playa Norte looks like paradise. Seriously paradise! It is so close to Cancun which is perfect since I would love to explore the Western Caribbean. I've done the Eastern Caribbean so many times! Can't wait to explore the beaches and culture from the west!

6. I am a bonafide beach lover and have visited quite a few, but the selections you have here I have yet to pay a visit! I love all of them, specially the one in Crete! Someday I hope to live along the coast because I really enjoy life more when I am close to the sea! Thanks for sharing your wonderful post!

1. I love it when I'm close to the sea too! Though sometimes, I find myself loving the mountains more. Haha it's hard to choose!

7. Oh man! All of those beautiful beach photos make me want to be somewhere tropical today! We are having a dreary and wet fall day here and I'd love some sunshine and beach! Maybe just a few more minutes of daydreaming before I get back to work :)

1. Same for me! I can't wait to get some sun ;D

8. I've been back from Turks and Caicos since Sunday. I loved their beaches there. They were breathtakingly beautiful. The aqua green water and the sail boats, water trikes, snorkeling and diving were amazing there. I'd go back in a heartbeat. I need to add your beaches to my bucket list for sure.

1. I can imagine what a sight it must have been!

9. It's super rainy and gross here in coastal South Carolina right now, so I'd love to be on any of these right now! I haven't been to any of them, and they're immediately going on my travel bucket list. SO PRETTY!

10. I am a huge fan of the Maldives, having just returned from my third visit to the beautiful islands. I had thought that the caribbean sea was the most beautiful (until I visited the Maldives) but you give 4 great options. The loved the beach we visited in Cairns, Australia but it was such a shame that you couldn't swim where you wanted to due to the killer jelly fish, very picturesque though.

1. The Carribean is truly a wonder and they're on my bucketlist. I've heard of the Cairns too and would love to check them out still!