How You Can Travel the World as a Student/Graduate with AXA’s Great Global Adventure

Are you a student who’s at least 18 years of age? Or have you just recently graduated from university within the last 2 years? If your answer is “YES” to any of these two questions, then let me ask you this next: do you dream of the opportunity to travel the world, whilst at the same time gaining valuable (paid!) work experience and the chance to volunteer with some rewarding community projects?

Then read on…

AXA’s Great Global Adventure

The Great Global Adventure is an amazing competition for any student or recent graduate who wants to see the world and learn along the way. This annual competition is brought to you by AXA, a leading global company in insurance and asset management. (And it will be open WORLDWIDE! Awesome, right?)

Not only does AXA pay most of the travel and living costs for up to 8 months, they have also organised for the lucky winner to complete two paid internships at AXA offices across the world — which is great for the resume! Plus, the winner gets the chance to complete a valuable voluntary experience with one of AXA’s Corporate Responsibility partners.

And the best part? AXA will shape the prize around your personal interests, meaning that you get to choose the amazing destinations that you would want to travel to the most!

Great Global Adventure 2015 Winner: William Moore’s Dream Trip

One lucky guy who is already making his travel dreams come true is William Moore from England, the winner of the AXA Great Global Adventure 2015. His trip has been customized to his preferences and he’s been jetsetting for almost five months now!

He has been able to explore a significant amount of Asia, including:

• Hong Kong ­
  • China
  • Mongolia

He`s currently in Indonesia and then soon after that, he’s setting off to South America, where he will be able to ­see such sights as:

• Machu Picchu
  • Galapagos Islands
  • Iguazu Falls
  • Easter Island
  • The rainforests

The world is surely his oyster and William is taking full advantage of what AXA has offered him — and this includes two six­-week paid internships at his choice of locations around the globe. Most of his hotel stays and travels have been funded and he has used some of the money from his paid internships to go off the grid and do some additional sightseeing.

He’s also looking forward to the Indonesia Community Project, which is done in part with Prestasi Junior Indonesia, a member organization of Junior Achievement and one of AXA’s CR partners.

Check out William’s incredible journey so far on his Instagram page.

How You Can Be a Part of the Great Global Adventure 2016

It’s simple. Just register your interest on the AXA website here and you’ll get an email when the Great Global Adventure 2016 re­-opens this February 2016.

…Be ready for stiff competition, but it’s well worth it!

DISCLAIMER: This was made in partnership with AXA; nevertheless, all opinions are my own.

How about you?

• Where would you choose to visit if you were AXA’s next winner?
  • Do you like William’s itinerary, or would you choose other destinations?
  • Tell us what your dream trip would be in the comments section below!

Did you like this article? Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube and be notified about my newest posts and updates!

30 comments

1. This sounds like such an amazing opportunity - I always dreamed of doing something like this after I graduated. Looking back I really wish I had! I would encourage anyone who loves to travel, see the world, and learn new things to go for it!

1. Same for me too. I hope opportunities like these were available when I was young; but that's done with so I just hope there are more opportunities like these for the youth of today :D

2. This sounds like an awesome opportunity and something that I think my son would be very interested in. I didn't get to travel much when I was younger and just now that I'm older am beginning to be able to seek out some new adventures. I would love for my kids to get to have some of these experiences at a younger age when they can really have fun and learn!

1. Ooh, then he should definitely sign up so he'll be notified when the contest starts :D

3. To travel the world is one of my dreams. This is a great opportunity but then i'm still studying. :/

1. As long as you're at least 18, I think this opportunity will arrange a leave with your school. Just sign up to their contest page and you'll be notified of further details as to how you can win :)

4. So glad thad that I've got to know your blog ate aileen, it's been my dream to travel the world and for a student like me, chances are so minimal as there are many factors you have to consider particularly about finance. Thank you so much for sharing this to us. You've always been my inspiration. <3 I'm now 19 years old and 3rd year in college, I hope i'm qualified to take part of this opportunity. :)

1. Awww, and I'm glad to have known you too! It's great to get in touch with you once in a while, and for sure, I'm happy to have introduced this great opportunity to you. I wish you the best of luck!

(And yep, you're definitely qualified!)

5. Now this is a chance I can't miss.
    Travel around the world and learn at the same time? Now that's happiness.

1. Definitely! I wish you the best of luck in your application Rafael :)

6. I love your Blog Aileen my dream also is to travel so how I wish you can help me. How to sign up or join ?

1. Aw, I'm happy to hear that Regine! Thank you! As for signing up, you'll read at the end note of the article the link that you'll have to go to in order to sign up. Good luck! :)

7. Thank you so much, Aileen! Just a quick question, I just graduated in July and I'm working now! Am I suitable for this program?

1. You're welcome! I believe last year's criteria was either students who were under 18 — OR people who have graduated within the last two years. So you're definitely in! Since you're working already now, you should be willing to leave that in case you are the winner for it. :)

8. what a great opportunity for young people! Travel and living costs covered for up to 8 months AND two paid internships at AXA offices? Wow, well done AXA. I would definitely recommend adding Japan to the itinerary :)

1. I know! It's crazy right? And it's reaaaally amazing. I'm very excited for the winner!

9. This is a great program, never heard this but I'm just glad that student graduate can easily get travel. That's very awesome program. I would like to spread this into my friends and for sure they would love it.

1. I'm glad to have introduced this to you then ;) It's a really great opportunity for young people. Thanks for sharing!

10. I SERIOUSLY need to travel more. I wish I had more money and more time than I do. But with work, school, and everything-I'm lucky if I can squeeze in travelling ever.

1. Then this would be the perfect opportunity for you Angie! :D Not only will this give you your much needed break but it an even give you valuable work experience through the internships that they will arrange for you during your 8 month travel (if you win!)