I’m a sucker for seafood. Growing up in an island, we’d often enjoy feasts of fish, crabs, lobsters, and of course: prawns! I can never get enough of shrimps or prawns! The best type of cooking it? Chili-style, baby! And then best paired thereafter with heaps and heaps of rice… YUM! Like come on, the spicy-sweet combo in this dish is simply phenomenal!
After I had a cooking class with The Cookery Place, I realized that this is actually a breeze to prepare! I’m a newbie cook but this is something that I could totally whip up; you too!
200 g Prawns, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup Shrimp stock
1/4 cup Tomato ketchup
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Rice vinegar
2 tbsp Chili paste
1 tbsp Sugar
2 tbsp Oil, vegetable
1 tsp Garlic, minced
1 tsp Shallot, minced
2 pcs Bird’s eye chili, sliced
1 pc Egg, beaten
- In a bowl, combine the stock, ketchup, soy sauce, rice vinegar, chili paste, and sugar. Set aside.
- In a hot wok or pan, add the oil and stir fry the prawns until cooked. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Using same wok or pan, add oil, garlic, ginger, shallots, and bird’s eye chili. Stir fry until fragrant.
- Add the sauce from #1 and stir a few seconds before adding the egg in a circular motion to thicken the sauce.
- Add the cooked prawns and mix well with the sauce.
- Remove from heat and serve!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
I am Aileen Adalid. At 21, I quit my corporate job in the Philippines to travel the world. Today, I am a digital nomad (entrepreneur & travel writer) living a sustainable travel lifestyle.
My mission? To show you how it is absolutely possible to create a life of travel, and I will help you achieve that through my detailed travel guides, resources, and tips!
NEW READER? READ MORE HERE!
CURRENTLY BASED IN: The Philippines
NEXT: Vietnam, Guam, South Korea, Taiwan, Europe
Stay updated with Aileen monthly! Sign up and receive exclusive updates, articles, giveaways, and so much more!