I love me some fried rice! I always try to order some whenever I’m at Chinese restaurants; but other than that, there’s one other ‘fried rice’ that I love! Of course it’s no other than the Thai’s signature dish: Pineapple Fried Rice! It’s not only such a sweet ‘tropical’ dish but it’s also a hit for vegetarians!
What I love most about this is that despite expecting it to be such a sweet-laden plate, it actually surprises you with those notches of spiciness—much like how Thai cuisine is supposed to be! Mixing four tastes: sour, salty, spicy, and sweet!
Disclaimer: the easy recipe below is not owned by me, but by The Cookery Place! I was invited before to join them on a cooking class and yeeeep, we cooked Thai dishes! One of which was this one. Let’s get cookin’!
2 cups Rice, cooked
1/2 cup Coconut Milk
1 cup Pineapple, diced
4 tsp Curry powder
2 tsp Sugar
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
4 stalks Spring onion, sliced
1 tsp Bird’s eye chili, sliced
2 pcs Tomato, sliced
1/4 cup Ham, diced
2 tsp Cilantro leaves
- Pour the coconut milk in to a wok or a pan on medium heat and cook until the oil surfaces. Add then the curry powder and stir until fragrant.
- Add the pineapple and stir-fry, mixing everything together.
- Add in the rice and stir-fry. Season with the sugar and soy sauce.
- Stir to mix everything together. Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Transfer the rice to a plate (or a halved pineapple!). Top with sliced tomatoes, spring onion, ham, and chili before serving.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
I am Aileen Adalid. At 21, I quit my corporate job in the Philippines to travel the world. Today, I am a digital nomad (entrepreneur & travel writer) living a sustainable travel lifestyle.
My mission? To show you how it is absolutely possible to create a life of travel, and I will help you achieve that through my detailed travel guides, resources, and tips!
NEW READER? READ MORE HERE!
CURRENTLY BASED IN: The Philippines
NEXT: Vietnam, Guam, South Korea, Taiwan, Europe
Stay updated with Aileen monthly! Sign up and receive exclusive updates, articles, giveaways, and so much more!